M&A, Private Equity
Within our M&A practice we work especially closely with other service lines in our law firm. More than any other field of practice, the M&A field recognises a multidisciplinary approach to the execution of transactions through their respective stages. We support companies and entrepreneurs on the sale or purchasing side through the multifaceted process of acquiring companies or of disinvestment - providing timely guidance for a successful transaction.
We advise clients from a wide range of industries and of varying size (medium-sized companies to DAX listed companies and worldwide group undertakings) and possess extensive expertise in the field of cross border transactions. Here we have ready access to experienced colleagues in our M&A/private equity service line and cooperating partner law firms in over 30 countries worldwide.
The focus of our advice in the M&A/private equity field
- statements of intent (head of terms, letter of intent) and nondisclosure agreements
- organisation and conduct of legal due diligence checks (purchase side)
- vendor due diligence (legal)
- structuring of transactions (asset or share deal, etc) and establishment of acquisition vehicles
- acquisition finance
- consultancy and organisation in tender procedures in the submission or assessment of offers
- legal documentation - organisation and advice on agreements necessary to the transaction, resolutions etc, and representation in contractual negotiations
cartel law closing checks - informal enquiries, applications and negotiations on the national (federal cartel office) and EU levels, coordination of global cartel law applications
- post closing services including restructuring after acquisition - sale, corporate services, commercial register, etc
- management buy-outs and buy-ins
- disinvestment, exit consultancy and structuring